Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Update.

So the past few weeks have been pretty wonderful and frustrating all at once.

First and Foremost.
  • Amelia has officially cut two teeth! As if her smile wasn't the most precious thing already? I knew it would happen, but I was "nipped" for the first time last week, and it broke  the skin! A light flick on the nose and we haven't had a problem since. haha
  • We are on the move! She is pushing up on her hands and knees and swinging forward and backward. It won't be long now. She has figured out how to scoot herself all over the place, resulting in me never being able to turn my back for a second. After a quick bathroom trip last week, I came back to a baby 6 feet from where I left her with a sock in her mouth.
I am so proud of the beautiful kind little girl Amelia is turning out to be. She holds on and pulls me close to her every time I pick her up. I couldn't imagine a better feeling.
 Life has taken several unexpected turns the past week or two, and while I am trying to figure out all of these foreign emotions running through me, I can't help but just escape to her. We talk and play for hours and nothing else in the world matters. I  know it sounds silly, but in my heart, I know she understands. While I never talk to her about anything negative, I think she hears what is in my heart, and knows exactly what to do to subside any doubts or fears, even if only for a moment. 
Sometimes I feel guilty, even focusing on me for a minute. But in doing so, I've learned some things about myself that I haven't come to terms with. I reached a moment of enlightenment, but that is a whole different story. 

On to other news. 
I am a crazy knitting lady. I have made a multitude of baby hats and scarves and ear muffs the past few days, with so many other ideas left to put out! Sometimes, you just need an excuse to slow down, relax, and reflect. Not to mention, the satisfaction of holding the fruit of your own labor is pretty rewarding in itself. 

----------------------------------------------------


No comments:

Post a Comment