Friday, January 4, 2013

Growth.

Yesterday marks Amelia Flower's 8 months in this world. Boy has it flown by!
Everyday , I see something change in her eyes. . . She looks at the world with such an open mind and innocent heart. Yet, her eyes seem so wise and old. . . Like she knows something about life that I have yet to learn.
I think she does.
I also think she knows the ways of life that I have somehow forgotten over the years.
The beauty. The innocence.
I can see it in her.

We had an amazing past few weeks. Amelia is standing at every opportunity and there is no stopping her.
She is a very strong-willed little girl. I wonder where she gets that? ... :)
She has no fear, aside from always wanting her momma close by. She isn't afraid to take off into a room full of strangers and put on a show, just to make her presence known. My little ham.
I know it sounds silly but, I think I have a music loving little lady. She has pounded on the piano, strummed the strings of a guitar and uses her surroundings as her own personal drum set. (She has had a bit of guidance from someone we are both rather fond of :)) But my favorite is when they sing their hearts out in the car, and she doesn't miss a note.

Food is another exciting subject for A. I have never seen a child so excited and ready to eat, at any moment! She practically lunges at anything edible in her sight. Of course mom can never eat a warm meal, as I'm busy picking little bites for her to try.
We nurse just as much as we always have, in addition to the other food she eats. Growing girl!
I've decided to continue nursing until she is, at least, a year old. And maybe even longer. Why stop nourishing her little body with what God had intended me to give her? The thought of stopping before we are ready , makes me cringe, even though the occasional freedom would be nice! And the biting is far from enticing! There have been several occasions that I have been scared to look down!

Nobody ever said it was easy.

I love seeing her personality grow. She was born with one, but she gets funnier as the day go by, and she KNOWS she is funny!
She likes to hide and play peekaboo and blow raspberries every chance she gets. (Another learned habit) haha
She is also turning out to be quite the sweet girl I hoped she would be. She loves to share.
We have been trying to keep our church attendance regular (even tho an hour of sitting is her max) and I can see God working in ways I had only hoped for. So many of my aspirations as a mother , have been validated. I know we are on the right track!

I can't wait to see what the next month has in store for us.
I have a feeling it will include some walking!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe A is 8 months! Wasn't it just yesterday that our little ones were born? Little A will be 1 before you know it - I can't wait to see what you have in store for her first party!! :)

    ReplyDelete