Monday, September 24, 2012

coexist.

Today was hard for me. Harder than most other days. I suppose that's life, and regardless of how "figured out" we think we have it, there are always new obstacles presenting themselves. Jumping every hurdle set in place, and exceeding goals and expectations is what will set you apart and get you where you want to go. In life and in motherhood.
I'm having a difficult time differentiating my personal life from motherhood. I think I am beginning to realize that they truly are one. The obstacles I face are never anything less than directly involved with A.
Should I try and gain my sense of self and identity back?
Or should I embrace the fact that my life revolves around my daughter and that, this is what life is truly about?
I find it hard to believe that you can keep your sanity without possessing your individuality. How do you keep yourself above water when you are on call 24/7 and have lost all sense of adventure/passion/sexuality/freedom, outside of motherhood.
Are those things meant to be experienced prior to giving life, never to be felt again, or are they allowed to coincide in life? And how do they coexist in harmony?


No comments:

Post a Comment