Friday, September 7, 2012

sweet dreams.

My little flower has had a tummy ache for days with a fever and a bit of a cough! She has moments of extreme discomfort, that bring about tears but, even when I know she isn't feeling well, she's still smiling. She isn't usually a napper, as she sleeps 10-12 hours at night, but we have been laying down for nap after nap after nap. I can hear it in her whines that she is exhausted. The only way I can get her to rest is holding her against me, one leg lifted higher than the other, her head laying against my chest under my chin. Sitting down isn't an option, so I walk with her, as long as it takes, until she drifts on. I savor every moment.
Maybe I'm weird but I just know after hearing my heartbeat so close for 9 months, laying on my chest hearing it from the outside is what comforts her. I hate that she hurts, but It's an indescribable feeling to know that my closeness gives her enough relief to sleep.


No comments:

Post a Comment