Wednesday, September 5, 2012

the little soul laughs.

Three days ago, my sister Jada and I took Amelia to the Oak Leaf Festival for fireworks. Mind you,  my little flower was far from being a fan to the 4th of July festivities, but, she did beautifully!
Before the fireworks started, we laid down a blanket in the grass. She could not take her eyes off of all the flashing head bands and toys all the kids had. Fireworks lit up the sky and I pulled her focus from the other children, to the night sky. She watched the bright light ride up into the air and explode into an aura of intense color. That's when it happened. 
She laughed.
Not her typical giggle and smile. This was new. This was different. This came from the soul. She was laughing because she was truly happy! The belly laugh I had been waiting for was finally released to fly free, and it was the most beautiful thing I have seen or heard, yet. I knew, at that moment, that I was doing my job; my daughter was laughing.

No comments:

Post a Comment